This course relies on the use of individual and group exercises aimed at helping participants learn all key contract management activities. The course also features the use of a number of case studies, presentations and role plays by participants followed by discussions. In addition, this course incorporates pre and post testing.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Recognize the important role of negotiation in developing a solid contract and the implications of failing to do so
· Identify fundamental concepts of successful negotiations including problem solving, communication, and planning techniques that will help in achieving a win-win outcome
· Plan and conduct several contract related negotiations in a formal structured manner
· Outline critical provisions in the scope of work and explore collaborative approaches to secure agreements on these provisions
· Negotiate contractual claims and change orders in order to avoid disputes and legal issues
· Discover some of the tactics that are used during contract negotiationsTarget Audience
Those involved in contract and business related negotiations. The course will also benefit those involved in negotiating the procurement of goods and services, manpower and different types of material or supplies.
· Negotiating contracts
· Contract preparation
· Handling claims
· Change management
· Technical terms and conditions
· Contract administration